15 October 2009

on a cold, cold day...




I am in the land of chocolate.

I realize this when I go to the supermarket -- chocolate products here are allocated almost as much shelf space as the cheeses, which is a lot. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on the point of view) I don't have a sweet tooth, and I don't buy chocolate very often.


Today was an exception. It was very cold, and I was freezing by the time I got to the store. I walked past the chocolate isle and suddenly I had a vision of myself sipping a steamy cup of earl grey with a piece of chocolate! Mmmm.







Oh, but which one to buy? So many choices!


I usually get frustrated and overwhelmed when presented with a vast array of choices in products, e.g., when I'm trying to pick a tube of toothpaste or a box of laundry detergent. Sometimes we're given too many choices. But being lost in the the forest of chocolate bars -- that wasn't really too bad.


And the reason why I picked what I picked today? I noticed the Braille codes on the boxes of Auchan's chocolate bars. And I thought it was a nice touch.





I also noticed that the dark chocoalte was a fair-trade product, which I try to buy whenver I have an option. So I put these two boxes in the basket and brought them home.


I haven't tried the mousse one yet, but I'm happy to report that the dark chocolate is good. No, I didn't make a pot of earl grey. I was, however, thinking that this chocolate might be actutally very good with a glass of pinot noir....

No comments: