17 February 2010

hint of spring




No, this is not what Lyon looks like today.






These photos are from the beginning of the year, when we had a few snow storms that crippled the city's bus system.

But today, the air feels less severe. Why, it's 9°C outside! Balmy!








I don't expect the temperature to stay this high, but I think the coldest part of the year is over.

I must say I did enjoy experiencing true winter for the first time in three years. Now I'm just looking forward to the arrival of spring. I've already bought a bright pink sweater (in demure and classy 3/4 sleeves!) that's waiting patiently for me in the closet. I do need to find a pair of shoes, though, since all I have are some Ugg boots and Birkenstock sandals.

Ballet shoes, anyone?

4 comments:

Ngân Đàm said...

I know. What a gorgeous day it was. Here is to more days like yesterday :).

cocopuff1212 said...

Time to start thinking about which riverside cafe we should go to :D

Linda said...

his is all completely amazing! I’ll be back!

cocopuff1212 said...

linda,
Yes, do come visit again :)