21 September 2010

to market, to market




One of the joys of going to the morning market is experiencing the change of seasons through the eyes.






Fall is here and berries are beginning to go, but mushrooms are coming back. And the pumpkins! I would have bought more this morning, but I didn't have my cart with me and I already had two baskets full of vegetables.

Maybe tomorrow, at another market -- because here in Lyon, I can go to a market every day of the week. In fact, there are more markets in Lyon than I know what to do with, unless I take up a challenge of visiting every single market that's held outdoors throughout the city. It would be an interesting project, as every market is different and has something unique. Each market seems to have its own personality.

I just wish sometimes I had a third arm, so I could carry two baskets AND pull a cart.




No comments: