29 December 2010

a girl can dream....



Oh, I would LOVE to have a round room like that in the corner of my home. Of course, it has to have a domed ceiling and a few porthole windows.





I acutually prefer living on the ground level with a bakcyard to living in a 5th- or 6th-floor apartment. But apartment living would be much more tolerable if I had a lovely balcony, where I could sit sipping my coffee while watching the hustle and bustle of down below.






I also wouldn't mind having a dark and narrow tower like this as one of the features of my home. I would slowly and cautiously walk up and down the tightly wound stairs with only a small candle for my light.


All these buildings are in Lyon. First two are in Presqu'île; the last one in Vieux Lyon by the Metro Vieux Lyon station (I think it's part of the Bibliothèque 5eme). Aren't they delicious????

2 comments:

Heidi Leon Monges said...

I wouldn´t mind been your next door neighbor in any of those gorgeous buildings.

Oh, I would definitely LOVE to live la vida loca in Lyon...

yes, you are right: a girl can dream!..

Happy 2011, I wish you and your family all the best.

cocopuff1212 said...

■Heidi,
Alas, we must be happy with being "virtual" neighbors for now. But one never knows. Perhaps, just perhaps, sometime in the future...